Sunday, July 15, 2007

Here there is enough

Our deepest pain is the child of our hope and our fear. We hold out hope that this life is not all there is. I'm not talking about life after death. I'm talking about life after hurt. Life after brokenness. Life after a broken family. Life after the death of a lover. Life within death. We hold onto our hope that this vale will be lifted, and we will find good in this life.

And there is fear. But our fear is not that we might find this life is truly ugly and bad. Our darkest fear is that our hope is misplaced. It is not evil that scares us. It is not pain. It's the absence of good. The futility of our hope. I can tell you I fear nothing because I have hope. If hope is lost, all is lost.


Here there is darkness.
Here there is fear.
Here there is doubt
Here there is pain.
Here there is hope.
Here there is trust.
Here there is faith.

Here there is love.

No comments: